In a strop... again....
Husband has now been sulking for two and a half days. He expects an apology but he never apologises for his actions, the selfish bastard.
Here's what happenned:
Husband works from home this week. He had not once helped out around the house, or even driven me to get groceries. I'd mentionned on numerous occasions that I wanted to swing by the garden centre to get some Xmas decorations. Being the lazy bastard that he is, he just generally ignores anything I say regarding shopping. It's not as if I insist on being taken to Harvey-fucking-Nichols every week here.... it's just food stuffs and some bloody Christmas decorations and the odd thing for the home.
But no, sit on his ass he will, reading his poxy sci-fi books or playing with one of his seven laptops.
So I had had it on Thursday. After waiting for a taxi to pick me up at Lidl - and there were no taxis... I walked all the way, with huge amount of bags of groceries, in the freezing fucking rain, raging all the way home. He was working on some spreadsheet or some such bullshit and says he couldn't help.
So I lost it. Screamed everything under the sun. I am tired of having the same argument with him. Well, I say argument, but really it's just a rant.
Me: The spare room looks like a kip!
Him: Nothing
Me: When's the last time you lifted a finger around the house?
Him: Nothing.
And then it got personal.
Me: Do you fucking think that our sex life is going anywhere? It's a goddamned routine. You're getting lazy!
Him: Nothing - not even batting an eyelash.
Me: You know what? I'm fed up! You want sex? Clean the damned spare room or no sex. Well, no sex for YOU that is... cause I'm gonna cheat on you!
Etc... etc....
Of course, I won't cheat on him but I am so fed up of getting no reaction from him. Yes, I did apologise for saying that. Actually what I said was "I'm not going to cheat on you."
But then he says to me on Friday.
Him: What would happen if I told you that you were too fat for sex and that you should look for a job?
Me: Well, simple. I would lose weight and look for a job.
Him: Your feelings would not be hurt?
Me: Yes. But I'd still lose weight and look for a job.
Him: ...
Me: You expect me to apologise for the things I said? You apologise first for the things that you don't do - like help. I may hurt you for things I say but you hurt me by things you don't do. (And, dear reader, I'm the one always apologising but he di dick all for the past four-and-a-half years around the house unless it was under duress.)
So it's Day Three and he now refuses to sit with me at breakfast. We've hardly touched each other. I'm hurt and angry and sometimes it's on the tip of my tongue to apologise but I won't. Because he has to take the first step in acknowledging that actions do speak louder than words.
<< Home