The Semiosis that ate Scotland

If you think appearances are deceiving, then you are just easily deceived

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Bah humbug

It's the run-up to Christmas and though I am still, shall we say, "in between jobs", it is amazing just how much my diary fills up with things to do and places to be.
Firstly, I've been busy job-hunting. No serious offers yet but it's good to keep the ole ears open for any new prospects... keep my CV nice and polished and interviewing skills honed to perfection.
I've also been travelling a bit - was in Vienna at the beginning of this month for a few days, soaking up the culture and sucking up as much Viennese coffee a caffeine addict can handle!
I've not had time to keep track of everything I've eaten in the past few weeks so I'll start today:

11:00 AM Viennese coffee (I brought back the beans straight from Vienna)
2:00 PM green salad, 2 slices of toast with horseradish cream cheese and a bit of left over fried potatoes and eggs (I was making tortillas with all the leftover potatoes/eggs in the fridge in a bid to have everything finished by Wednesday)
6:00 PM more green salad, toast with same cream cheese, 2 slices of tortilla, 4 mini choc chip cookies, milk

It's 10:32 PM and I feel bloated and pre-menstrual and gross. Somehow I think I shouldn't have had that last meal but I was afraid of possible midnight snacking... so now I can just relax with a nice cup of jasmine tea...