The Semiosis that ate Scotland

If you think appearances are deceiving, then you are just easily deceived

Saturday, October 14, 2006

In a strop


I wish Husband wouldn't get into a strop everytime I wanted to have a serious conversation or suggested trying new things. I try very hard to gently and non-judgementally introduce new concepts and he clams up and scowls at me. It's maddenning. I can't say anything for fear of him taking things the wrong way. He's acting like a big baby.

He received a response from his company about relocating back home and apparently he'd been refused on the grounds that the feedback they received about him was that he wasn't much of a team player. Now, I know that Husband can be a bit ornery at times, but as far as work is concerned, I think he's professional enough not to take things personally and I suspect that the nasty little comments made behind his back originated from this nasty uberwench project manager who's recently joined his team. She has a reputation for firing people she doesn't like and she also has a history of mental illness (she had to take time off of work because she suffered a nervous breakdown - not altogether someone in possession of all of her wits, I'd venture to say.) So Husband suffers from the comments of this inane woman.