Freyja's World revisited
OK, so it's been almost four weeks since I've left my job. I can say that I'm completely relaxed now. So now it's time to think. What do I want to do with my life? I cannot live off of Husband forever, however tempting that sounds. I could easily fall into the "Lady who Lunches"groove for months. Today, for example, I did squat all except get up, do some dishes, read a bit, eat, watch old episodes of Buffy which I hadn't seen and it's all boring boring boring.
I did get out earlier for a reflexology session. It was my first one in years. The first reflexology experience that I had was alarming. I felt electrical signals pass through my body.
This session was not like that, unfortunately. Maybe there was no real energy there. Or maybe the bed was wrong, or the therapist's nails were too long (her nails dug into my skin). It was not the same. It wasn't entirely unpleasant but I don't think I'd go back to her again.
The building the clinic is housed in, however, is just beautiful. It's a B-listed building in the Maryhill area - an old tenement-style structure, just under the motorway (*sigh* shitty Glasgow city planning, as usual).
I went for a full-hour massage there last week - by a bloke named Brendan. Nice guy, rather young, kinda wide/heavy and with strong hands. Excellent choice in music - the best of Massive Attack (which is a darned sight more interesting than hearing fucking Enya-Zamfir-electronic-new-age-pap all the time during these things).
<< Home