The Semiosis that ate Scotland

If you think appearances are deceiving, then you are just easily deceived

Sunday, May 07, 2006

I kept wanting to post but never getting to the point of writing something. It was all too painful. After the first scan almost two weeks ago, the bleeding became worse and cramping followed. On Thursday morning I sat on the can and the creepiest thing happenned. I felt something the size and shape of a marble pass through me. I daren't look. I flushed it, along with everything else down the toilet. I kept thinking that maybe it was just a bit of lining: jelly, blood, clots. Nothing more. I kept inspecting from time to time to see if there was anything. Maybe nothing developed in my womb.
The bleeding eased up by last Monday. It was down to the occasional spot. Back the the maternity hospital on Tuesday morning the nurse confirmed that I had a complete miscarriage. I looked at the scan of my empty womb, Husband beside me. The sadness was so great. I felt empty, was empty.