The Semiosis that ate Scotland

If you think appearances are deceiving, then you are just easily deceived

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Signs of new life

I have a new job. I started on Monday and not a day too soon. A day after I left my old job I got word from a friend that they were announcing possible job cuts.

And the day before yesterday I also heard that of the people who used to work on contract with me, only ten will remain. Ten! Out of... how many is it... one hundred and fifty? That is insane, but there you have it, I have had a lucky escape.

And last weekend I discovered something else... I'm not only late.. I'm pregnant. After taking the test, Husband looked at me, I looked at husband, again across the room like cats.... we didn't know what to say, we were in shock. Well, not really, we deliberately didn't take any precautions.

So all those dreams of infertility were just that. It's official. I will, God willing, have a child. So when do we tell our family? I'm willing to wait just yet....