The Semiosis that ate Scotland

If you think appearances are deceiving, then you are just easily deceived

Friday, April 07, 2006

It occurs to me that perhaps I may have been a little harsh about my fellow man in my previous post.

Oh well, too bad, it makes good copy, as they say in the news.

I'm full of piss 'n' vinegar this morning. Perhaps it's the cup of Rombout's coffee I had last night which did not let me sleep until well past midnight and woke me up at 5:55. Perhaps I've gotten more sleep this week than in the past five months. Perhaps because it's Friday and the last day of my first week at work. Or perhaps again the prospect of seeing my husband after a four-day absence in Amsterdam is making me giddy.

Either way, I'm thankful I have no neighbours below the flat otherwise they've be treated right now to the rankin' and skankin' rhythm of the English Beat. I haven't been to a ska show since Chretien left govermnent but I miss it. I'm thinking of going to see DJ Jazzy Jeff tomorrow night. I miss my ex-co-workers out west so I'm going to meet up with them.

In fact, I should go to every show, film viewing, museum and club night now until I can't do it anymore because as soon as sproglet becomes too heavy to swing around on the dancefloor I won't be able to get out much.

But I promise myself one thing: I will maintain a sense of humour and a sense of self and most of all, I *will* have fun, in one form or another. Must get that Gina Ford book. Any woman who advocates trying to get as much sleep as possible in the first six months is a hero in my book - newage moms be damned!