Shafted by the Bosses.... again!
Grrr.
Here I was, labouring under the impression that my manager liked and respected my work (and how much effort I was putting in).
So I walk into her office. The Fishbowl. (All managers offices are in the center of the floor with glass walls looking out into the hive of workers).
"Laura, any news from the agency about my raise?"
"Well, you may have heard about the uproar over there (she motions to where Madia and her cronies sit).. apparently there's a new process now where the wage increases are separate from the appraisals and that raises are no longer automatic. As in, after a year, there are no automatic increases. But there's a new process in place, where some people are up for wage increase at some board meeting... and some aren't. There's another meeting in about a week.... but that doesn't mean that you'll get a raise!"
Aha, I see. so basically, she won't recommend me for a raise. Thanks for the vote of confidence, you sorry little bitch. As of January, I will be looking for something else. Small wonder people are leaving.
<< Home