The Semiosis that ate Scotland

If you think appearances are deceiving, then you are just easily deceived

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Night, All...

So it's been another one of those weeks where I think "Oh my God, when am I leaving this fucking hell-hole?" On Monday, we received an invoice from the Housemaids who clean our flat. They've over-charged us. They've charged us for three hours' worth of work when it is painfully clear to me and to anyone else that it really should have been two. A semi-tidy two-bedroom flat is a doddle, really, compared to other places, especially when the laundry, most of the tidying and the dishes are done by yours truly... at eight-fucking-ninety-five per hour, no less! You know what the old bitch's answer was?
"You have too many toiletries in your bathroom... it takes too much time to shift them all."
Bullshit. I've been cleaning all of my life. My mother practically had me graduate magna cum laude in Domestic Services. I know a lazy fucking no-good Scottish fake-tan wearing, mobile wielding female slobbo when I see one. The cleaning is not all that great at the best of times and downright non-existent in others.
So I cancelled the contract with the company today.
Then I get a mobile phone bill yet AGAIN charging me for MMS. I never signed up for this service yet I get charged everymonth for it... a whopping eight pounds. When I tried to cancel the boor who answered the phone was no fucking use. Assholes. I hate O2.
Then yesterday morning I was getting in late for work. I managed to get a taxi, who proceded to take the LONGEST FUCKING ROUTE TO THE STATION. I nearly missed my train.
And to round it all off, I was soaking in the hot tub after a vigourous 1km power swim in the fetid used water at the gym pool when some fucking Jimmy pesters me with questions about "which part of America" I'm from, and upon hearing that I am in fact, a quebecoise, ranting on about how arrogant the French on and finally finishing off about how Scotland's only problem is that there are "too many Pakis and there's no more room for them."
Did I also forget to mention that I had signed up for a driving lesson after work? The driver never showed up!!!

I HATE SCOTLAND. WANKERS! THE LOT OF THEM.

This is far from unusual. This happens all the time. The laissez-faire work ethic, the maddening defensive attitude they have towards criticism. The blatant racism. It makes me crack up everytime I see those adverts proclaiming that Glasgow and Scotland welcomes all cultures. Aye... as long as those cultures are of the bacterial kind... you know, from Greenock!

What this country deserves is a bloody ass-kicking. Self-serving ignorant, bigoted shites.