The Semiosis that ate Scotland

If you think appearances are deceiving, then you are just easily deceived

Monday, August 22, 2005

Babies, boredom, boors and bodies

ARGH!

I have come back from almost signing up to a gym. I say almost because I had an appointment with the sales rep tonight at a quarter to six but he was running late. After waiting in a sweaty, smelly packed gym for about 25 minutes I told *Gavin*, the sales rep, that I needed to run a few errands.

"But it'll only be 5 to 10 minutes".

"Fine I'll be back then."

I was so furious I came back 20 minutes later. I wanted to make the little bastard wait but he was signing up someone else! So I waited. Quarter to seven rolls round and I give up, furious at how insensitive this little jerk is. So I left. But not without finding out his manager's name. Tomorrow morning, he's going to get a stern phone call from me. No one makes ME wait for an hour for something *I'm* going to pay for. The asshole, I hope he gets sacked...

There is something wrong with this country. Back home, something like this would never fly. Gym memberships are dime a dozen and gym owners bend over backwards to sign you up. The situation is Glasgow is different: most gyms have paltry equipment, shabby changing rooms and no pool. And those are the nice ones. The really gritty city council ones always have some chain-smoking, sour old slapper who hogs the whirlpool, night and fucking day. No wonder the jacuzzi and spa facilities are always needing to be fixed. The one at the Woodside pool was boarded up for almost a year. Yes, that's my council tax going towards some single mom welfare recipient hogging the fucking tub all day. Thanks.

Oh yes, and all the really nice pools are in far away fucking places like Scotstoun or Bellafuckinghouston or some pish-poor neighbourhood south of the Clyde where the neds are more interested in armed assault than aqua aerobics. It depresses the shit out of me living here sometimes. I can't wait to get the fuck out of this shit SHIT SHITEY COUNTRY!!!!!