Pourri!!
It's been a crap week.
On Sunday morning, my husband came out of the shower and we noticed that the shower unit was leaking... big time. It didn't stop. The water kept flowing and there was a spot on the carpet right in the front of the bathroom that was getting wet. The water flowed down the bath drain but the growing wet spot on the carpet was worrying.
Our letting agent had never left us any emergency numbers to call for when their office hours are closed. Furthermore, the following Monday was a public holiday.
Quel desastre. The shop downstairs obviously had complained because when I got home from work on Monday evening I found the water cut OFF. NO running water! I couldn't even shower or flush the toilet.
I should explain that the letting agent and the landlord are the worst that I had ever experienced, including some of the dodgier ones I've had back home. The courtyard is always strewn with rubbish. Our building smells like a sewer. There isn't a month that goes by where something is broken (the glass wall in the close was smashed in and then boarded up for SIX months before anyone did anything about it). People keep jamming the door to our building open. Our plumbing has needed fixing twice in the past year. And there is currently an old fridge parked in front of the entrance to the flats. And to make matters worse, I found out recently that the buildings adjacent to ours are council housing. That does explain a lot, in fact.
So I'm in an evil mood to begin with. I try to discuss with my husband who is rather unsympathetic and would rather put up with bullshit with people than do something about it.
This morning I was running late to work so I took a taxi. And I left my damned umbrella in it! And this is no ordinary umbrella. This is a nice big yellow one, specially imported from Montreal too. The good news is that the cab driver found it and is keeping it for me to give to the shop assistants downstairs.
Oh well, not all is lost.
Tonight I have an appointment with a nurse to discuss my health and lifestyle. I'm in two minds about this. On the one hand I really want to get back into shape again - or at the very least, shed some weight and be able to walk and run without panting. On the other hand, I hate nurses, and I am apprehensive about discussing "diet" with someone who will recommend places like Weight Watchers and talk about carrot sticks and cottage cheese. I know what works for me and I would rather stick to it.
<< Home