Couchsurfing
I had a couple stay overnight on Monday. My husband's signed up to Couchsurfing and the result: a couple flying in from the Czech Republic had passed by. He is American and she is Czech and they are both teachers. Well, I was rather nervous but I do know how to host but I was rather shocked to hear that couchsurfing rules include washing up. So what's the point of hospitality if you have your guests to clean the flat? This is a pestilent little habit of those lazy-ass Anglos who can't clean a house if you tortured them.
In my house, hospitality means you cook AND clean for guests. I'd expect the same wherever I went, naturally. So, no, I did not let them do the dishes, fer chrissakes... anyway, we have a maid who comes in once a week: let her dirty her hands for £8.95 an hour!
<< Home